Search This Blog

Friday, August 28, 2009

New Felting Kit


After almost a whole year I have decided to start making new felting kits again. . I originally had 4, but dwindled it down to the one polar bear kit on my etsy shop that seems to have been pretty popular. I plan to create several new kits, with the first one being a small wall hanging of an American Goldfinch. I've been inspired to create this from the large flock that appears in my back yard every night around supper time (which reminds me, I need to fill their bird feeder). Their one of my favourite birds. In addition to the wall hanging I am going to put together a small kit to make the actual bird for those who like to create figures in 3 dimension. I may get to work on that tomorrow, but in just two short days I will be returning to teaching for another year, so time will be hard to find. With everything that goes on in life it's often hard to make creating anything a priority. Something else always has to be done. For me it's taking care of two boys, pets, a house, and anything else that comes my way. I do make some time though, because if I am not doing something artistic I often feel lost, as if I am missing something important. It's almost like therapy. You'll have to stay tuned to see if I can keep it up!

No comments:

Post a Comment