Search This Blog

Friday, August 7, 2009


Good morning. I just got a cool email from Knitting Daily, a group I recently joined. If you become a member (no fee) then you have access to 50 free knitting patterns to download. I love anything free, especially knitting patterns. You can sign up if you go to the interweave.com site. They are responsible for magazines such as Fiber Arts (my personal favourite), Quilting Arts, Studio and Cloth Paper Scissors, to name just a few. I downloaded a knitted slipper pattern today that looks super easy. I haven't been knitting much lately due to it being the summer and because I am busy with felting and quilting lately. I was almost done a summer sweater then realized I had knit the back twice! Argh!!! How did I do that? What took about 15 hours to knit took just five minutes to rip out. I love to knit as a stress release. I admit I am a bit of a yarn snob, meaning I love the high quality, tres expensive yarns. I have 4 big bags full of yarn I have bought just because I liked them. The Lion Brand Yarn site also offers hundreds of free knitting patterns. Sometimes I even dye my own yarn, like I recently did with stewed blueberry juice. See the picture above this blog. I called it Blueberries and Cream.

No comments:

Post a Comment