Search This Blog

Wednesday, August 12, 2009



Here it is as promised. This piece, which is an image of a clematis from my friend Allison's house, is composed of oil stiks on Muslin, highlighted with thread painting and machine quilting. I have totally fallen in love with art quilting as I mentionned in an earlier post. I use the thread for highlighting and for quilting around the edges of the flower and the leaves. I'm pleased with how it turned out and plan to include it in my solo fibre exhibit at the Amherst town hall in October as part of the NS Fibre Arts festival. My next piece is going to be another felted work, likely something to do with butterflies. I tend to gravitate towards nature in the summer as I have it all around me, especially in my numerous perennial beds. This fall I am leaning towards doing some portraiture work, both on canvas with oil, and perhaps some felting and art quilting. I'm learning something new every day, which means I am always trying something new. I hope I am not becomming the jack of all trades and the master of none!

No comments:

Post a Comment