Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Back in the Saddle

Well, I am now back at my teaching job, teaching high school visual arts and graphic design. I just finished putting in a large supply order. It's always like Christmas when all of those art supplies arrive, I can hardly wait to tear open the boxes. This year I ordered some basics for screen printing on fabric. I have no idea how to screen print on fabric, but I guess I am going to learn. It looks like I will be looking to you tube for guidance. It's actually a great resource. I have learned many pottery techniques on you tube, watched videos of various artists, enjoyed the art of van Gogh, and now I will observe screen printing. I usually try to get all of the mistakes out of the way on my own work before I let the students loose. I am thinking this is going to be a short project for my grade 12's to break up the large projects that they do. I am sure it's going to be a lot of fun, for them and for me. I don't like to teach things that aren't at least a bit fun for all of us. After all, if you want your students to be engaged it has to be interesting.

On the home front, I have just finished knitting a cotton sweater. I started to put it together last night and I am highly suspicious that something has gone awry. Tonight I will be trying it on, and I am thinking that some ripping out of seams and re-knitting of the neck line may be on the horizon. Crossing my fingers I don't have to do this, but not overly hopeful.

On a very personal note, my oldest son moved to university today, and my youngest son starts grade primary tomorrow. I am feeling that empty nest feeling, and I don't like it. Expect a lot of depressing artwork in the near future. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment