Search This Blog

Saturday, August 8, 2009

Artist R&R

I'm heading out today for PEI in search of some rest and relaxation at the Brudenell Resort. Going horseback riding, hiking and biking. I'm hoping the weather will be coopertive. It's good to have a change of scenery because it can give an artist a whole new slew of creative ideas for work. I also get to check out the work of other local artists which is the best part. Sadly I am missing one member of the family this year. My oldest son has joined the army and is on his way to Quebec as I write this. He'll be home in time for me to move him to university which the military is picking up the tab for. Hopefully a change of scenery will take my mind off it for awhile.

Last night I did manage to get some work done on my clematis that I spoke about yesterday. I'll have to finish it up when I get back. I've got two cameras packed for the trip in case I see something interesting. I may bring my film camera with some black and white film as well, and maybe a sketch book. One highlight of my trip is going to be a trip to mini mills for some felting supplies and wool. I only get there about once a year, if that, as it's off the beaten trail and almost a 2 hour drive from home. Can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment