Search This Blog

Thursday, August 13, 2009


OK, so I know this is an artist blog, but I can't help telling you about my latest "thing". Those who know me know I am a total greening freak, much to the dismay of my family. Suddenly I have been inspired to take it up a notch, and am trying to eat only local food for a week, organic and fair trade when possible. I have also been growing some of my own food this year, and hope to double my garden next year. I've attached a sampling of what I picked today, and I can't wait for the tomatoes to start. Oh, and by the way, everything I make has to be made from scratch. This could be a long week. I guess gardening is kind of artistic and creative, and I admit I find digging around in the dirt to be peaceful, much like I find working on my artwork. You are also creating something from a tiny seed, much like you take an idea and turn it into something artistic. After writing this, I realize I have done an art post today.

No comments:

Post a Comment