Search This Blog

Saturday, October 17, 2009

Post Sale Relief

Well, I do believe the Nova Scotia Fibre Arts Festival will be officially over today. I can already see a lot of improvements and gains over last year. I was part of the Fibre bazarre yesterday at the Tantramar Theatre and I am happy to say that it was really well done. It was an intimate setting, the preparation was wonderful, the vendors were fantastic, and it was well attended by the fibre community and other interested folks. I was lucky enough to have been invited to be part of it. As always I was surprised by what did sell and what didn't. I threw 3 pieces that I had displayed last year in at the last minute and low and behold two of them sold. I also found my knitted sterling silver rings to be popular as well as my needle felted polar bear kit. People hardly looked at my hand painted kerchiefs or my landscape felting kits. That being said I made some new friends, had some great chats, made a couple of key contacts, and got invited to go back next year. I am just thrilled that there has been such a renewed interest in all things fibre around the globe. What's not to love? One of the coolest things I saw was yarn that was fair trade and made from banana fibres! I've got to get me some of that!

No comments:

Post a Comment