Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A Needle Pulling Thread

Just to let everyone know that one of my pieces will be featured in the Canadian Publication of "A Needle Pulling Thread" magazine, the festive issue. The best place to pick up a copy is Chapters Books in the magazine section. I haven't had a chance to see it yet but have been anxiously anticipating it's arrival. The piece I did is a "how to" of a felted cardinal in a winter scene. I can't wait to get my hands on it, especially since the wheels were put in motion for it back in February! I have been told it was published on October 1st. It's the second time a piece of my work has been published. Several years ago I had an article and a folk art "how to" in Saltscapes magazine. There's just something about getting published, even if you don't get paid, that's very exciting. Perhaps it's because your work is put out to a large audience. It's like a feeling of accomplishment.

No comments:

Post a Comment