Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Upcoming Exhibit

I am afraid I have been slacking off in my blogging. I have also been slacking off in my art. It's not slacking off exactly, it's just that there are so many other things that get in the way. It's difficult to make creating a priority with everything else that goes on in our lives, but like everything else, there needs to be time set aside for just that. Tonight my five year old is still asleep with a four hour nap so far, due in large part to his fever and sore throat. I have taken advantage of the down time to spend a couple hours at my sewing machine sewing backs onto my art quilts. In just two short days I will be hanging a solo fibre exhibit at the Amherst Town Hall. Unfortunately I have been leaving all of the little details until the last minute. I have nine new pieces that I plan to show which include felted art quilts, oil painted art quilts, and watercolor crayon art quilts. I'm kind of worried that I might not have enough pieces. I always worry about that before an exhibit. I keep telling myself that it's the quality, not the quantity that counts. I may be able to get a final one finished tomorrow night, but it's the season premiere of The Practice and another new episode of Grey's Anatomy. I know, I know. Stuck to the TV when there are better things to do. My real worry right now is that art sale that I am expected to be in. I am not nearly ready and am worried I may have to bow out at the last minute. I have been having a lot of trouble with my eyesight lately and it affects my ability to work for any length of time that I have to really use my eyes because I get a lot of pain. Anyway, my eyes are starting to bug me now so I guess it's time for a rest. Better luck tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment