Search This Blog

Thursday, June 17, 2010

Funky patterns

Good morning all. I just wanted to let you know about a small pattern company, paradisodesigns.com. If you like cool handmade bags, then check it out. Myself, I really liked a skirt pattern called the Lolita. It was very funky. If you go to the blog "Adventures in Dressmaking" you can enter a contest to receive one of the patterns for free.

On another note I FINALLY finished my wrap dress from the sewing book "Chic and Simple Sewing". I wouldn't recommend this pattern for a beginner sewer, as I had to make several changes to the pattern because it just wouldn't work out. I'll try to post a photo later. Since I altered the pattern from a size 10 to a size 16 it now fits, although it was a bit of a pain to grade all the pattern pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment