Search This Blog

Friday, June 11, 2010

The end is Near

As any teacher will appreciate, the end of the school year is a mere 2 weeks away. You may notice it's been about a month since I posted. My excuse is it's because of work. I hope to spend the summer in my gardens and of course making art. As I write this I am sitting in my classroom and it's the last period of the day, and the last period before summer vacation. Exams start next week. I've just been leafing through the latest issue of Fibre Arts Magazine and am feeling very inspired. I have recently managed to fit in finishing my Alabama Stitch Book skirt, finish knitting a halter top, and have almost finished my wrap dress that I had to adjust from a size 10 to a size 16. I have found with each pattern that the skirt did not fit the bodice, so I am going to contact the author to see if there was a problem. The problem may be mine, and if so, I need to know where I went wrong. The pattern is from Chic and Simple Sewing, a book which I have recommended. I will keep you updated.

On another note, at 10pm last night I received a phone call from a lady who had just read my article in "A Needle Pulling Thread" and wanted to let me know how much she liked it. Even at that late hour, it's always nice to be appreciated!

No comments:

Post a Comment