Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Finished the dress

This weekend I sewed my first Burda pattern, and I have to say I was impressed. It actually fits. The neckline was a bit complicated, but otherwise it's a pretty nice dress, made from Burgundy knit, which a nice stretch width wise. My biggest complaint is hurt pride, as I measured a size 20. I was expecting a 16. I have signed up for Burda Style, which is a nice site with a lot of pictures of the clothes sewn by "regular" people. I saw one yesterday that I just have to sew. I was also impressed with the the simplicity of the directions. I could have made it in a day, but I preferred to work in spurts as I start making mistakes when I am tired. I think I am a Burda convert.

Tonight I am determined to start my latest portrait painting. Not sure if my friend will like it, as I plan to paint some blood on her blouse, symbolizing how she is wounded. She may not want to hang this one in her front room. Of course many of my pieces are not really for the front room.

No comments:

Post a Comment